Free Wood Crafts - Americana
Make this flag planter to display your red, white and blue.
Old glory stand or hangs! Just add flowers!
Gone Country By El
Click Here for Pattern Piece
Click here to print instructions
(Approx. 24" tall)
Click on picture to view larger picture.
2. paint 2 of the fence pieces barn red and 1 picket white and star white
3. paint all the rest of the wood midnight blue i painted all the sides and both front and back.
4. heavily sand the front edges of all the pieces with either a palm sander or dremel
5. stain all pieces with minwax provintial stain
6. attach star from inside of 1 of the 11 1/4 x 10 1/4 with screws and wood glue.
7. make box using 11 1/4 x 10 1/4 for front and back and 1x4 2 for the sides and 1 for the bottom
8. lay box on front to attach pickets attach reds on either side of the white, attach from the back with screws and glue.
9. place the 2 lathe strips on the back of the pickets for support about six inches from top and the other about 8" from that.
10. add saw tooth hangers on each outside pickets so planter can hang...optional is planter to stand.
11. spray with krylons matte finish spray
12. add plant or flowers!